The Reality Of Dementia

I'm sharing with you what is the emotional progression of a family dealing with Dementia. My father was diagnosed with FrontalTemporoDementia in late March of 2004 at the age of 60. This is from my point of view as his only son, who loves the man who raised him, as the condition, and Life, moves ahead.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gerry Lott. My Dad, My Hero.


Geoff & His Dad, Gerry. Georgia, 1976

Thank you Dad.
For everything.
I love you more than I can ever tell you.
You were the best I could have hoped for, and greater than I deserved at times.

October 26, 1943 - November 16, 2008
That dash there, that was a hell of a great life.

If you would like to, please make a donation of any size to the Alzheimer's Association. As our Baby Boomers age, this organization's efforts will be more necessary than ever before.

Memorial Celebration Services will be this Saturday, November 22, 2208.

Maple Valley Presbyterian Church
22659 Sweeney Rd SE
Maple Valley, WA 98038

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, November 16, 2008, Blogger Vicki said...

Geoff, I love this picture of your dad and you! You were such a cutie...and still are! You can see the love and admiration he had for you by the way he's looking at you. I will remember your dad when I think of mine...on their birthday...October 26th! May your dad rest in peace. Love and prayers to you and your family. Vicki Jung

 

Post a Comment

<< Home